Great skin is smooth, even toned, and dewy. To get those results, you need an effective daily skincare routine in place.
My journey to flawless skin is an evolving process. People ask me often what products I use so I thought I would share my current routine and products with you.
Everyone’s skin type and concerns are different and I know that I probably put a lot of products on my skin (I am a total product junkie), but I am really loving my current results from my nightly routine and I hope you will too.
Nightly Skincare Routine – Simple Steps to a Flawless Face:
- To deep clean and improve skin texture and prepare for product absorption, I use Ulta’s Dual Action Cleansing System (I bought this instead of the Clarisonic cleansing system to save some money and I LOVE it–highly recommend it). This little gadget really minimizes pores and helps to improve so many other skin concerns.
- You want to use a gentle face wash/cleanser with the cleansing system. You can use any product you like as long as it is gentle (you do not want to use an exfoliating face product with the cleansing system because it will be too harsh when paired together). I am currently using Soap & Glory’s Peaches and Clean 4-in-1 wash off deep cleansing milk.
- I wash off the extra product from my face by using an extra gentle cleansing sponge (the cleansing system tends to get messy and the face sponge really comes in handy).
Now it’s time for the fun stuff… Skincare products! My new favorite line for face care is Kiehl’s!
- Once my face is squeaky clean, I apply two products together.
First I add Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate to my face
Second, directly after I apply the above concentrate, I apply Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
When I pair these two products together, I achieve amazing results! It feels great on my skin and the next morning my face always looks flawless!
And there you have it, my flawless skincare routine. Just stick with it and the results will be well worth the extra five minutes each day.
Your beauty addict,
Today I received my August 2013 Birchbox and I love it! Take a little peek inside…
What’s inside my August 2013 Birchbox:
5 beauty samples:
Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream SPF 45+
It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product
Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes
ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Kitty
TanTowel Classic Formula Self-Tan Towelette
I highly recommend Birchbox! Each month their beauty samples never disappoint me and It’s a great way to try out new beauty products each month for only $10.
Your beauty addict,
I LOVE my June Birchbox! Each month I feel as if my beauty box just gets better and better! If you’re looking into beauty sampling programs, I highly recommend Birchbox.
My June Birchbox:
A little peek inside:
Your beauty addict,
Recently I signed up for a few different monthly beauty sampling programs and today I received my first BIRCHBOX from their April 2013 Tiny Tweaks, BIG Results box full of amazing beauty samples. I am definitely impressed and will be keeping my subscription next month for sure.
Caudalie Devine Oil
Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir
StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles
Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics Anti-Shine Mattifier
Weleda Body Lotion
One-Year Subscription to Women’s Health Magazine FREE (this is a special bonus just for BIRCHBOX members)
I was really excited to see my favorite eye cream from StriVectin inside April’s BIRCHBOX. All the other beauty samples included in this box I have not tried yet and I am super excited about all of them. I will also be signing up for my FREE one-year subscription to Women’s Health Magazine.
Overall, I am really happy with my 1st BIRCHBOX and I definitely recommend this monthly beauty sampling program to anyone who loves trying new beauty products. When I first signed up for BIRCHBOX, I was placed on a waiting list, but soon after, I received an invitation to join and a few weeks later, I received my first beauty box. They even send tracking information when your beauty box ships. I still haven’t received my first Glossybox and I signed up for that beauty sampling program a month before BIRCHBOX!
Price: $10 a month (cancel anytime) and free shipping
Where to subscribe: Click Here
I just love getting a surprise box full of beauty samples each month… It is so much fun! And BIRCHBOX is a great program that is priced to fit any budget.
Your Beauty Addict,
Take a peek inside my makeup bag and look at all the beauty products I’m using everyday right now.
Inside my makeup bag:
– Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation for combination/oily skin in color 200 nude
– Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer
– StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles
– Nia24 Skin Strengthening Complex
– Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream
– Glow by Dr. Brandt
– Maybelline Baby Lips in Yummy Plummy
– MAC Satin Lipstick in Myth (my 1st ever lipstick; I’m a lip gloss girl)
– Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Pink
– Great Lash Mascara by Maybelline in Very Black
– Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara by Rimmel London in Extreme Black
– They’re Real! mascara by Benefit in Black
– Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black
– MAC Eye Brow Pencil in Spiked
– Sephora Waterproof Brow Pencil in Midnight Brown
– AmazingCosmetics AmazingConcealer in Medium Beige
– AmazingCosmetics AmazingConcealer in Fair
– Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer
– Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer
– Clinique Sunkissed Bronzer
– Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder in Bronze
– Becca Mineral Blush in Sweetpea
– Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten in Pink Grapefruit
– Anastasia Brow
– Anastasia Pencil Sharpener
– Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Super Serum
– Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter (used on my face at night)
– The Body Shop Body Butter in Strawberry
– Bamboo Eco Tools Makeup Brush
– Too Faced Makeup Brush
– The Body Shop Blush Brush
– Too Faced Royal Oil
– Coach Poppy Perfume
– Urban Decay DeSlick
– The Body Shop Brow Scissors
– Finishing Touch Brow/Hair Electronic Shaver
– 17 Lash Curler
– Bourjois Effet Smoky Pencil in Black
These are all the beauty products I am loving right now and use daily!
There is just something about a surprise that’s so intriguing. The thrill of getting something unexpected is one of life’s little pleasures. And that’s exactly why I was excited to learn about beauty sampling programs.
What is a beauty sampling program? It’s a beauty program that delivers 5-6 deluxe sized samples (sometimes even full-size products) of high-end beauty brands in different varieties of makeup, hair care, skin care, fragrance and nail products right to your door each month. Beauty sampling companies work with leading beauty brands to provide a monthly box of deluxe samples to those who become members, all for a fraction of what it would cost to buy in a beauty store such as Sephora or Ulta. There is an online profile to complete which helps to best match products to your personal beauty requirements.
Sounds amazing, right? Well, there is a catch…there is a small fee to start sampling. Generally this fee ranges from $10-$21 a month, but the samples you receive are usually worth much, much more.
A few popular beauty sampling programs I researched online:
Total Beauty Collection
Sample Society With Allure
Beauty Box 5
You’re probably wondering which beauty sampling company I decided to try. Well, I signed myself up for a three-month beauty trial to the program I liked the most which is Glossybox. Glossybox was the most expensive program I researched ($21 per month), but personally I found their high-end beauty brands the best and I couldn’t resist the cute pink and black box the products will arrive in along with a special card. Unfortunately my beauty box will not arrive until the end of April (about 3-weeks). But I am sure this surprise will be worth my wait!
I also plan on signing up for Birchbox after my three-month trial with Glossybox. Birchbox actually has a waiting period to try their beauty sample boxes and I am currently on a waiting list.
As soon as I receive my beauty box, I will write a full review on my beauty blog. I am one excited girl…can’t wait for my surprise beauty box to arrive!
Have you tried a beauty sampling program?
Check out my growing collection of beauty samples and mini’s that I plan on giving away on my beauty blog to one lucky winner!
Which beauty products do you want to try?
Keep reading my beauty blog to find out how to win all these goodies and more!