Take a peek inside my makeup bag and look at all the beauty products I’m using everyday right now.
Inside my makeup bag:
– Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation for combination/oily skin in color 200 nude
– Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer
– StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles
– Nia24 Skin Strengthening Complex
– Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream
– Glow by Dr. Brandt
– Maybelline Baby Lips in Yummy Plummy
– MAC Satin Lipstick in Myth (my 1st ever lipstick; I’m a lip gloss girl)
– Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Pink
– Great Lash Mascara by Maybelline in Very Black
– Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara by Rimmel London in Extreme Black
– They’re Real! mascara by Benefit in Black
– Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black
– MAC Eye Brow Pencil in Spiked
– Sephora Waterproof Brow Pencil in Midnight Brown
– AmazingCosmetics AmazingConcealer in Medium Beige
– AmazingCosmetics AmazingConcealer in Fair
– Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer
– Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer
– Clinique Sunkissed Bronzer
– Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder in Bronze
– Becca Mineral Blush in Sweetpea
– Laura Geller Blush -N- Brighten in Pink Grapefruit
– Anastasia Brow
– Anastasia Pencil Sharpener
– Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Super Serum
– Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter (used on my face at night)
– The Body Shop Body Butter in Strawberry
– Bamboo Eco Tools Makeup Brush
– Too Faced Makeup Brush
– The Body Shop Blush Brush
– Too Faced Royal Oil
– Coach Poppy Perfume
– Urban Decay DeSlick
– The Body Shop Brow Scissors
– Finishing Touch Brow/Hair Electronic Shaver
– 17 Lash Curler
– Bourjois Effet Smoky Pencil in Black
These are all the beauty products I am loving right now and use daily!
There is just something about a surprise that’s so intriguing. The thrill of getting something unexpected is one of life’s little pleasures. And that’s exactly why I was excited to learn about beauty sampling programs.
What is a beauty sampling program? It’s a beauty program that delivers 5-6 deluxe sized samples (sometimes even full-size products) of high-end beauty brands in different varieties of makeup, hair care, skin care, fragrance and nail products right to your door each month. Beauty sampling companies work with leading beauty brands to provide a monthly box of deluxe samples to those who become members, all for a fraction of what it would cost to buy in a beauty store such as Sephora or Ulta. There is an online profile to complete which helps to best match products to your personal beauty requirements.
Sounds amazing, right? Well, there is a catch…there is a small fee to start sampling. Generally this fee ranges from $10-$21 a month, but the samples you receive are usually worth much, much more.
A few popular beauty sampling programs I researched online:
Total Beauty Collection
Sample Society With Allure
Beauty Box 5
You’re probably wondering which beauty sampling company I decided to try. Well, I signed myself up for a three-month beauty trial to the program I liked the most which is Glossybox. Glossybox was the most expensive program I researched ($21 per month), but personally I found their high-end beauty brands the best and I couldn’t resist the cute pink and black box the products will arrive in along with a special card. Unfortunately my beauty box will not arrive until the end of April (about 3-weeks). But I am sure this surprise will be worth my wait!
I also plan on signing up for Birchbox after my three-month trial with Glossybox. Birchbox actually has a waiting period to try their beauty sample boxes and I am currently on a waiting list.
As soon as I receive my beauty box, I will write a full review on my beauty blog. I am one excited girl…can’t wait for my surprise beauty box to arrive!
Have you tried a beauty sampling program?
When it comes to makeup, I am a huge fan of bronzers! Generally, I like an all matte face and bronzer, but I do have one favorite exception; Tantalizer Baked Bronzer by LORAC. And I highly recommend getting this amazing bronzer in the mini version for only $7 as this will last you a long, long time.
I really can’t say enough good things about this bronzer. It provides a gorgeous sun-kissed glow all day and it never looks orange or muddy. You only need a tiny amount whether you want a subtle perk up or a glamorous glowing look. This bronzer does not have sparkles in it, but it is definitely not matte as it has a sheen/shimmer to it which gives a gorgeous luminous look when applied. You can use this as a highlighter or all over your face. AGAIN, you only need a little bit to get the perfect glow, too much of this product could make you look shiny or fake (a big no-no!). Even if you already wear a matte bronzer, you can add a tiny swipe of this gorgeous sheen and you will be amazed at how flawless your face looks. Just apply a small amount before you add your blush. You will not be disappointed.
What it is:
A bronzing powder for the face and body. (I use it on my face only)
What it does:
Tantalize and mesmerize with LORAC’s TANtalizer® Baked Bronzer. Swirling sun-kissed shades deliver red carpet radiance in an instant. Baked on terra-cotta, this silky smooth, luminous bronzing powder keeps you looking bronze and beautiful long after the sun has set and the cameras have gone. I really can’t say enough good things about this bronzer. It provides gorgeous glow on my skin that lasts all day and never looks orange or muddy. You only need a tiny amount to achieve a flawless
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
– Synthetic Fragrances
– Synthetic Dyes
What else you need to know:
Extend the summer with this all-in-one compact which contains bronzer in the top compartment and a brush and mirror in the lower compartment.
You can buy the mini LORAC’s TANtalizer® Baked Bronzer from Ulta or Ulta.com for only $7 and it’s perfect for get up and go tanning!
Enjoy your new flawless, glowing, and sun-kissed look!