There is just something about a surprise that’s so intriguing. The thrill of getting something unexpected is one of life’s little pleasures. And that’s exactly why I was excited to learn about beauty sampling programs.
What is a beauty sampling program? It’s a beauty program that delivers 5-6 deluxe sized samples (sometimes even full-size products) of high-end beauty brands in different varieties of makeup, hair care, skin care, fragrance and nail products right to your door each month. Beauty sampling companies work with leading beauty brands to provide a monthly box of deluxe samples to those who become members, all for a fraction of what it would cost to buy in a beauty store such as Sephora or Ulta. There is an online profile to complete which helps to best match products to your personal beauty requirements.
Sounds amazing, right? Well, there is a catch…there is a small fee to start sampling. Generally this fee ranges from $10-$21 a month, but the samples you receive are usually worth much, much more.
A few popular beauty sampling programs I researched online:
Total Beauty Collection
Sample Society With Allure
Beauty Box 5
You’re probably wondering which beauty sampling company I decided to try. Well, I signed myself up for a three-month beauty trial to the program I liked the most which is Glossybox. Glossybox was the most expensive program I researched ($21 per month), but personally I found their high-end beauty brands the best and I couldn’t resist the cute pink and black box the products will arrive in along with a special card. Unfortunately my beauty box will not arrive until the end of April (about 3-weeks). But I am sure this surprise will be worth my wait!
I also plan on signing up for Birchbox after my three-month trial with Glossybox. Birchbox actually has a waiting period to try their beauty sample boxes and I am currently on a waiting list.
As soon as I receive my beauty box, I will write a full review on my beauty blog. I am one excited girl…can’t wait for my surprise beauty box to arrive!
Have you tried a beauty sampling program?
Check out my growing collection of beauty samples and mini’s that I plan on giving away on my beauty blog to one lucky winner!
Which beauty products do you want to try?
Keep reading my beauty blog to find out how to win all these goodies and more!
How beautiful you look and feel will affect your self-confidence, social interactions, work performance and overall health. While true beauty comes from within, below are 75 important tips you can add into your daily beauty routine to keep yourself healthy–on the inside and the outside.
- Smile often. A woman is most beautiful when she smiles.
- Vitamin C has long been known to prevent aging. Pack your fruit basket with lemons and oranges to look youthful.
- Eating guava, carrot, apple and cucumber regularly can prevent yellowing of teeth.
- Massage sesame oil on your heels overnight if you have cracked heels.
- Strengthen your hair and nails with daily supplementation with vitamin biotin.
- Retinoid skin creams used regularly in consultation with skin expert help reduce wrinkles as well as stretch marks.
- Exfoliating your facial skin daily with a dry brush can help improve circulation, reduce puffiness and eliminate dead skin.
- Cracked heels are mainly because of poor foot hygiene and wearing tight foot wear.
- Keep your feet soft and get rid of the cracks by simply wearing cotton socks at night.
- Make sure you remove your mascara before going to bed. Allowing it to stay on your lashes can cause them to break.
- For lustrous hair, regularly massage your scalp with oil and load up on vegetables and fruits
- A healthy diet, exercise and staying hydrated are best for fighting cellulite
- Massage some almond oil into your eyelashes each night to help them grow thicker and longer.
- Use a wide toothed comb to evenly spread the conditioner through your hair.
- To look slimmer in pictures, don’t face the camera head on. Look at it at a three-quarter angle with 1 shoulder facing forward
- A brighter blush shade can help you look younger in contrast to a dull shade which can make your face look muddy.
- Use a colorless lip balm before putting on lipstick or gloss. It helps provide an even and crack free surface for smoother application.
- Fruits and vegetables, soy, cocoa and fish can help you look younger and stay fit as well.
- Nail biting can be due to stress and boredom. Get over it with yoga, meditation, deep breathing, or squeezing a stress ball.
- Always wash your face after a workout. Sweat can clog pores and worsen acne.
- Use lukewarm water while washing your hair. This allows the scalp to retain moisture and prevents hair from looking lifeless.
- Apart from being great for your heart, green tea with all its anti-oxidants is superb for your skin
- Avocados reduce the damage caused by UV rays and can be used in face masks as well
- A ripe papaya left on the skin for 30 minutes help tone up the skin considerably and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Overzealous scrubbing of face can make you look older. Make sure you’re gentle.
- Having your coffee later in the afternoon rather than first thing in the morning can help you feel fresher through the day.
- De-stress daily. It can be the key to a healthier body, skin and hair.
- Expressing gratitude for every small thing you have can be a great way to feel good.
- Your outlook on life and what you choose to do with it account for 40% of your happiness; this includes friendships and work.
- Live with love! 20 minutes of talking and being with your partner daily makes you healthier and happier.
- Brush hair from roots to ends nightly. This distributes natural oils throughout the hair shaft and gives hair a healthy sheen.
- Treat your eye area gently. This is the most delicate part of your face. Cleanse with care; blot, never rub.
- Always use your ring finger to apply moisturizer or concealer to the eye area. It puts the least amount of pressure on the skin.
- Don’t touch your face unnecessarily. Breakouts can be caused by your own fingers.
- To stop makeup from fading during the day, apply a primer before your foundation.
- Get lips soft and smooth by using a damp, warm washcloth at night to rub off the flaky dry bits; follow with a coat of lip balm.
- The best time to apply lotion is right after a shower or bath, when skin is still damp.
- Beautiful skin starts from within. Include lots of vegetables, fruit and water in your daily diet.
- Exfoliate with a body scrub once a week to slough off dead skin cells that make skin look dull. When skin is freshly exfoliated, lotion and oil are better absorbed.
- Improve circulation in your legs and lower the risk of unsightly veins by elevating your feet when resting.
- Apply polish starting at the pinky, working toward the thumb to avoid dragging your hand across wet nails.
- To prevent hair color from fading, use a deep conditioning treatment weekly or bi-monthly.
- Make sure you hydrate your skin and put on a face primer
- The #1 reason for flaky mascara is that the formula is too dry or old. Make sure to close mascara after use to help keep its moisture.
- For clear skin, look for a cleanser with salicylic acid.
- Sunscreens that claim to provide “all-day protection” and “water resistance” are not reliable; don’t be fooled by these claims and reapply all sunscreens at least every two to three hours.
- When self-tanning, use a tanner with color. It will give you instant color before the effect and it will show you exactly where you put the color and where you may have missed.
- For the summer months, you don’t want to be caked down in foundation so try a tinted moisturizer instead.
- To make curls last, make sure hair is completely dry before you begin with the curling iron.
- Always wash your makeup off before bed. That morning-after look has never been a good one, for anyone.
- Always use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Even in the winter!
- Clean out your makeup bag at least once a year to get rid of old products that may be expired or you no longer use.
- Remember, always use clean makeup brushes to fight against potential bacteria and breakouts!
- During the summer, wear chapstick or lip gloss with SPF.
- Use your concealer as a base on your eyelids.
- Exfoliate before applying self tanner to get rid of dead skin. Tanning products tend to cling to drier areas.
- To minimize pores, use a pore-minimizing facial wash followed by a toner. Make sure the toner is alcohol-free so it won’t dry out your skin.
- The healthier you are, the healthier your hair! Take a daily multivitamin with Biotin to help hair grow.
- Get a “dewy glow” using a highlighter or illuminator above your cheekbones and on the brow bone.
- To contour cheeks, use a matte powder (a few shades darker than your skin tone) with an angled brush. Blend on temples and under cheekbones.
- When using a cream product, lock it in by using a translucent powder over it.
- For makeup that lasts all day and night, use a makeup-sealing product/setting spray.
- To help you find the right shade of foundation, choose the product you think is closest to your color and try it on your jaw line in natural light. You will be able to easily compare it to your neck’s color to see if you need to go for a different undertone, lighter or darker.
- Splurge on items that are important to you. If lip gloss is really your thing and you fall in love with a gloss that‘s $40, buy the lip gloss and treat yourself.
- To reduce unwanted shine, use a moisturizer that mattifies your face, that way you get the moisture your skin needs without looking greasy.
- Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to get rid of any product build-up that may have occurred during the week.
- Use a pumice stone on your feet after you shower to keep your feet baby smooth.
- Hydrate your under-eye area with an eye cream to prevent puffiness and bags.
- If you often find yourself being too tired to wash your face at night, keep makeup removing wipes in your night stand to prevent a runny mess or morning break out.
- The best way to get rid of ingrown hairs is to exfoliate, which rids the skin of dead cells and allows the hair to break through the surface.
- To keep hair color vibrant longer, use shampoos and conditioners formulated for colored hair.
- Drink plenty of water daily.
- Bronze all over for a natural glow.
- Protect your skin from the sun everyday.
- Be yourself and enjoy your life!
You know when chapstick just isn’t enough and you want something that will get your lips soft and smooth instantly? It is time for a fabulous lip balm with the perfect hint of color!
My absolute favorite Smoochable lip balm for all seasons is Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Lip Balm SPF 15!
Beyond its light pink shimmery tint (perfect color for any skin-tone), Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Lip Balm SPF 15 offers maximum protection and it’s packed full of powerful peptides that reduce wrinkles and increase collagen. It is the ultimate lip balm! Every time I run out of this perfect balm, I always order a new one. And it’s only $15 (a beauty steal: beauty item under $20). This powerful little tube will last you a long time.
What it is:
A sheer, tinted lip balm with anti-aging benefits.
What it’s used for:
Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Lip Balm SPF 15 is a super lightweight balm that delivers a combination of neuropeptides and peptides to smooth and fight wrinkles. Vitamins and moisturizing agents keep your lips supple and soft while sunscreens protect from oncoming UV rays. A touch of shimmer imparts a subtle shine.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
Formulated with a powerful, active, wrinkle-fighting blend of peptides and neuropeptides — alongside vitamins, moisturizers, and sunscreens — this multitasking lip saver conditions, protects, and perfects your pout.
So go on and get your lip balm on… Your lips will love you! 😉
Did you ever wonder if there was an easy solution to get super white teeth at home for cheap? Stop your wondering now because I am going to tell you how. The tooth whitening fairy is about to make a visit and you’re going to be so happy she did. Get ready to be the proud new owner of pearly white teeth and a beautiful smile… After all, if you’re not whitening, you’re yellowing (I’m sure you’ve heard that a million other times, lol). This amazing product is also a beauty steal (beauty item under $20).
What you need and how to use:
- Two clear mouth guards. You’ll need one for your top teeth and one for your bottom teeth. I am talking about the type of mouth guard you would wear to protect your teeth while playing sports. These can be bought almost anywhere for about $1 and are usually found down the sports section of a store (any brand is fine). I have seen them at Wal-Mart, Meijer, and Target just to name a few places. And now you’re ready to make your very own custom teeth trays without going to the dentist (these can also be used as a mouth guard while you sleep). This is super easy and only takes a few seconds (usually directions are listed on the back of the mouth guard packaging). Step 1: Bring a small pot of water to a full boil on your stove. Next to the boiling water, place a container of ice-cold water, deep enough to dip the mouth guard into. Step 2: Drop the mouth guard into the boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove with tongs and dip the mouth guard into ice-cold water for 1 second. Step 3: Immediately after, place the mouth guard around your upper teeth. The mouth guard will be warm but will not burn you if done properly. Instantly secure your mouth guard by pressing your tongue against the back of your upper teeth. Leave the mouth guard in your mouth for 30 seconds to set. Bite gently and suck all air and water out until a tight fit forms around your upper teeth. Step 4: Remove mouth guard and place in cold water for a few seconds to set your custom teeth shape. For smaller mouths, the guard can be shortened by cutting along the edges with scissors for a custom fit (I had to do this as I have a small mouth). Repeat this process for your bottom teeth.
And now you’re ready to start whitening your beautiful smile!
- Plus White 5 Minute Bleach Whitening Gel. This product can be bought almost anywhere too, but to name a few places: Wal-Mart, Meijer, Target and CVS. It’s usually around $5 to $7 to buy. Just add the whitening gel to your mouth guards and place them in your mouth. You have to leave them in your mouth for at least 5 minutes for the gel to start working, but I leave mine in for close to one hour. If you have really sensitive teeth and gums, I would leave them in for about a half hour, but this is completely up to you. I will say that the gel does not taste good at all, but the results are worth it. I usually whiten my teeth while in the shower so I can spit out the extra foam (gross right) and I leave them in while I am getting ready or I will whiten before bed while watching TV. I do not recommend sleeping with the gel in your mouth because this will cause major sensitivity to your teeth and gums for a few days (ouch!). And you can whiten as often as you like. I usually only whiten every few weeks. I noticed instant results of whiter teeth my first time using this whitener (I am still amazed at the results every time I use this product), but it may take a few times of whitening to see a difference.
Well there you have it… Get SUPER WHITE teeth for cheap (under $10) in only a few minutes in the comfort of your own home. I have been using this whitening gel for over 5 years and have never had any tooth sensitivity that wasn’t normal. I also asked my dentist if it was OK for me to use this product and was told it is safe. My dentist is also amazed at how beautifully white my teeth are every time I come in for my 6 month check up.
Pros: It works. It is cheap. It is safe. It is easy to use. It makes your teeth SUPER WHITE.
Cons: It doesn’t taste that good.
I hope this product gives you amazing results like it gives me! Now go on and get your bleach on and enjoy your best smile yet!