Everyone has heard the advice, “Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day”, and we all know that water is essential to our survival as we can’t live without it. Water is your body’s principal chemical component and makes up about 60% of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water! Lack of water can lead to dehydration and even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.
Water is an essential beauty product. Not only does it enhance your skin, hair and nails but it also gives you an inner glow thanks to all its benefits for your body. It’s a powerful drink, so read on and drink up!
– Improves Skin Complexion – Keep skin moisturized and nourished by drinking water. Water moisturizes your skin, keeps it soft, glowing and smooth. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around! It won’t happen overnight, of course, but just a week of drinking a healthy amount of water can have great effects on your skin. You look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues and increases skin elasticity.
Remember, dehydration makes your skin look dry and wrinkled, which can make you look much older.
– Increases Energy and Relieves Fatigue – Your brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrated. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
– Promotes Weight Loss – Reduces hunger by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals… A natural appetite suppressant! Water raises your metabolism and has zero calories! The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently; dehydration slows down the fat-burning process. Often when we think we’re hungry, we’re actually just thirsty.
– Flushes Out Toxins – Water flushes toxins out of vital organs.
– Boosts Immune System – Drink lots of water and you’re less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
– Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches, migraines and back pains; which are commonly caused by dehydration. In fact, often when we have headaches it’s simply a matter of not drinking enough water. There are lots of other causes of headaches of course, but dehydration is a common one.
– Prevents Cramps and Sprains – Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
– Energy – Being dehydrated can take your energy and make you feel tired. If you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated and this can lead to fatigue, muscle weakness, dizziness and other symptoms.
– Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great!
– Better Exercise – Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle.
So next time you want a beauty boost, grab a glass of water and drink up!